Saturday, September 22, 2012

Here we go again...

It's been a few months since I last posted! I even forgot about my blog for a while there but am glad to be back...

Well I wanted to update regarding my mom and her breast cancer. After she went off chemo about a year ago or so, they put her on hormone therapy which wasn't having very many results so they decided to give her chemo pills. Long story short, mom had a very bad side effect from it the first time she took them (jaw pain, throwing up, etc.) and wasn't taking them consistently due to fear of having the negative side effects again.  Well after some months of being on the chemo pills (after her doctor changed the time of day she took them to relieve her of the side effects), she had a doctor appointment this past Tuesday, the 18th, and as expected her tumor markers increased and the tumor itself increased by a centimeter. Her doctor told her to not even bother with the chemo pills and she is going to do a full pet scan and after those results come in, they are going to figure out another treatment for her to do.

Keep my mom in your thoughts and prayers. I could tell last time I saw her, things weren't going as well because her breathing seemed to be off but I am glad the doctor is going to try another treatment. I hope they give her some type of med that can be used with an IV in the chemo room so my mom isn't in charge of her meds as she obviously won't be consistent with them if she suffers a bad side effect. Shes been fighting this for two years now and continues to have to fight down the road so please take a min to say a little prayer for her please? :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment